Many complaints arise due to misunderstandings or a breakdown in communications that can often be resolved by direct discussion or correspondence.

The NCC Informal Dispute Resolution Service (NCCIDRS) aims to restore communications to enable both parties to resolve their differences. It does not attempt to mediate, arbitrate or make a judgment on the issues presented. If the NCCIDRS is unable to restore communication to allow a resolution to be found, then your complaint may be eligible for escalation to the Independent Case Examiner (ICE).

You must, however, give the NCC member the opportunity to deal with your complaint and attempt to resolve it satisfactorily. Before you can escalate a complaint to the NCCIDRS the member must have issued a final decision in writing.

Use of the service does not affect your statutory rights but, before you take this step, it is important for you to understand what this service can and cannot offer you.

Please read the NCCIDRS Complaints Guidance for Consumers in full.

If you have followed the steps outlined in the complaints guidance, please download  a copy of the 'I wish to make a complaint' form and once completed, submit the form with all additional documentation relevant to your complaint to 

Unfortunately, NCCIDRS is not able to consider complaints that can be remedied under consumer legislation. This would generally include complaints about products that you may feel are of unsatisfactory quality or not fit for purpose. If you are unsure please read our consumer guidance or contact us for further advice.

For further information on the Consumer Rights Act 2015 please contact The Citizens Advice Consumer Service for guidance.